Friday, March 31, 2006

Friday Entertainment Report




Russell and Kimora Lee Simmons Split...

It seems like divorce is in the air these days. There was Brad Pitt and Jennifer Aniston. There was Babyface and Tracey Edmonds, and a host of other couples who chose to end their marriages. I guess the question should be who isn't divorced in Hollywood and the entertainment field? Now there's new news. The latest news report states that Russell and Kimora have decided to split after seven years of marriage, but will remain friends while raising their two daughters. It was just last week when Kimora was in Maryland promoting her new book, "Fabulosity." And the DJs mentioned something about Russell being in the area a few weeks before. And then they mentioned that it seems like Russell and Kimora keep turning up at the same places for entrepreneurial projects, political conferences, and product promotions, but at different times and dates. If you sort of read between the lines, it sounds like they had been separated for a while to be separately traveling to the same places. Or maybe I'm reading too much into that radio interview.

I have to honestly admit that I found Russell and Kimora to be a somewhat unlikely pairing from the beginning just the way Kimora towered over Russell, but who am I to judge? Before this incident a local radio show showed them no mercy by calling them Miss Piggy and Kermit. Good grief. Folks can be so mean. I guess sometimes it's better to not be famous for the sake of the criticism that famous folks receive. Nevertheless, I still think it's a bit sad that they are splitting, especially for their two young daughters. The adults may move on and eventually find happiness again with another mate, but when it comes to the children, I always wonder how they will cope with this new situation.

Let me clairfy before I go on. I'm not trying to say whether a couple's decision to divorce is right or wrong for them, because I'm not in the position to say. But I just keep remembering what friends and cousins have told me how they felt when their parents divorced. And the kind of pain that they speak of seems like it will last for a lifetime.

Naomi Campbell

Good people, what in the world is wrong with Naomi Campbell? I know that Naomi is to be presumed innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. But folks, she has a history of going off on people. I think some years ago she beat up her personal assistant. Now they are saying that she threw a phone at a housekeeper, because Naomi thought the housekeeper had stolen from her. It seems like Naomi just can't keep herself from reaching out and punching/hitting someone. If she keeps this up, she'll end up in jail fighting the sho-nuff, hardened, Big Bertha felons, which ain't no joke. I also heard something about Busta Rhymes going upside someone's head too, but I think his weapon of choice was a champagne bottle. I guess they were Kung Fu Fighting. Remember that song?

Whitney Houston

I don't know if this is totally true or not, but radio stations have been reporting that a news correspondent from F.ox News, the N.ational Inquirer of news, is saying that Whitney Houston is flat broke, that her daughter she had with hubby Bobby Brown is now living with relatives, because Whitney is so strung out on crack, and that Whitney was thrown out of a townhouse she was sharing with 1980's singer Cherrelle. Another report said that Whitney was toothless. Folks just got crazy and carried away with the news reporting. Perhaps, two out of the five news reports are true. What can we say? In the words of Whitney, "Crack is wack." Let's just hope and pray that Whitney can get her life together for the sake of her daughter, Bobbi Christina. A success story would be nice to hear.

Star Jones Reynolds

Star just can't seem to stay out of the gossip circles. Earlier this year, she refused to discuss the specifics related to her weight loss, while promoting her book. I guess that's her right to discuss some things and not others. *shrug* Then about a week or two ago, reports surfaced that she experienced some post operative problems following a breast lift surgery. One of the tabloids went so far as to say that she was near death, which she strongly disputes. I didn't buy that embarrassing tabloid; I just made sure that I read it while waiting to have my groceries rung up at the store. I can't let folks coming to my place find trashy tabloids strewn about. *hee hee* Back to the story. It was also reported that Al, her husband, also was rushed to the hospital on the same day for bumping his head at the gym. He's such the Diva Deev. But Star was in California, while Al was in New York that day. It seems like a hubby should have been by a wife's side for surgery, since surgery is serious if there are any complications. But oh well, what do I know? I wonder what will be next in the Star Jones media/gossip saga.

Enough of this entertainment babble. Everyone have an enjoyable weekend!!! ;-)

7 comments:

ShellyP said...

Where have you been??

I did some quick internet searching about Kimora and Russell. Supposedly they are denying claims of breaking up.

Aziza said...

ShellyP: Hey there. My job has been working me into the ground, but today I took some time to get back into blogging.

I sure hope that the break up news swirling around Russell and Kimora is nothing but a rumor. Or if they are having some spats like all married folks do, I hope that they can get counseling and still stay together.

Cheryl said...

The famous sacrifice much to be famous.

Usually, their sanity.

I say this about Russell and Kimora, better to come out with it. Staying together for the kids, doesn't help anyone, least of all the babies. I watched my parents do it for years and they only made themselves miserable. God knows they weren't fooling us.

ShellyP said...

I'm sad to say I stand corrected (sad for Kimora and Russell, that is).

DramaFree said...

That's sad about Russell and Kimora.

Naomi needs to go to anger management.

Whitney needs to get her 'ish together.

Star needs to stop because she's going overboard with the surgeries.

And it was nice to see you posting again :)

SP said...

Welcome back! I was begining to worry about you.

It's sad that they are splitting, but they never did seem to match. She seems like a diva and he is just the guy down the street.

Did Naomi take anger management classes? I guess they didn't work.

I'm glad Whitney's daughter is with relatives. She doesn't need to see her mother like that.

Star is a trip. Did Al need a green card or something? Oh wait, that's Terry's Man.

princessdominique said...

I must say that I found them an unlikely pair too. They just didn't match. She looked fast paced and he looked like the relaxed and silent type.