Thursday, September 20, 2007

The Jena 6: The Struggle Isn't Over...



I Support The Jena 6!!!...

The countdown is over and the day has come to support the Jena 6 in an effort to pursue equal justice under the law. This news story, which has been largely ignored by the mainstream media, involves the case of six African American teenagers. They had been charged with attempted murder for a school yard fight precipitated by a situation where black students were prevented from sitting under a tree, which had been designated as a whites-only area by white students. Black students protested. And there afterwards, three nooses appeared on the tree.

While most mainstream media stories mainly focus on the fight, other details were left out on purpose. Yes, a fight occurred, but the alleged victim of the fight went to the hospital, was released the same day, and attended a school- sponsored function later that day. So we ask the question, how is that attempted murder? Well, that's why the protesters from near and far are traveling to Jena, Louisiana to stage a peaceful protest. To follow the progression of the march and other related activities, please see the following information: ==> The Jena 6

3 comments:

YouToldHarpoTaBeatMe said...

I just finished blogging about this myself. I couldn't ditch my uniform, but I wore black PT gear.

This is right up there with the child in Texas, still serving time for shoving a woman out the way so she could get to the restroom.

Racism is alive and kicking, no matter how anyone tries to candycoat it.

Luke Cage said...

I was part of the support today Zee. I got the news to go all black just before going to work. I just made it. I would've been pretty upset had I not supported the cause in attire. But in spirit, I've been here. I've always been here. Hi miss Aziza!

SP said...

I wore black too... I support them. I can't even believe it's been brought to this. A school yard fight needs to be handled at school as it has been for generations! These boys should have never been arrested!