Monday, May 25, 2009

Where Does The Time Go?



Let's Catch Up...Again...


It's been quite a while since I created a blog entry, but I'm here. Time passes by so fast. I looked on my own blogroll and it seems that quite a few people joined me in blogger hiatusville. I'll need to find new blogs to read. Well, the truth is..is that I understand. Time is in short supply and before you know it days, weeks, and months go by. I haven't stopped visiting other folks' blogs though thank goodness. Some of these bloggers need to become professional writers, because they produce some really interesting entries every single day.

Oh well, here is what is knew with me. About a month ago, I left my 30's behind. It was an odd experience for me in that I'm not necessarily upset about turning the corner. I'm more concerned that I need to hurry up on some fronts. I don't want to wake up one morning and find out that life has passed me by. It's starting to feel that way. Who am I fooling? *lol* I demand to find out where my youth ran off to. *tapping foot*...However, I'll tell you what overshadowed my birthday and canceled pity party. I got sick like a dog. I had the worst headache in my life during the whole week of my birthday for which I would never wish upon anybody. I was scared to go to sleep. And this would have to happen when I was changing over to a new doctor. I mean it took the longest for that dagnabbit new health insurance card to get to me. Come to find out my pressure was skyrocketing through the roof despite me eating oatmeal and bananas almost daily. This sister here was hog-tied, whipped, and burned out. *sigh*

If I didn't learn anything else, I learned that I need to take care of myself and let all other crap slide. For the longest, I've been getting on family members for letting others take advantage of them. I get so tired of people asking us for money and asking for favors when they really aren't in need. And come to find out, I finally realized that I let folks do the same to me. I think we feel some since of responsibility as if the world will fall apart if we don't come to the rescue. Well, shux, I'm taking off my superwoman cape, because I can't do it all. How ridiculous I look rushing to the aid of others when my own stuff is going down? Silly.

And just as I try to turn the corner and live a easier and healthier life, there is my co-worker (who claims she's on a diet) asking me if I'd like to have some of her expensive chocolate candy from some swanky chocolatier in NY (it wasn't hard to turn down as I know she doesn't wash her hands....ewww), or someone getting upset with me because I couldn't attend her soiree' when I was feeling really sick, or someone trying to lure me out for lunch when all I wanted to do is meditate at my desk and eat my lunch that I brought from home to save money. I used to give in to make people feel good. People don't ease up. They get mad and more demanding. But get this, these same people never offer anything and not so much as a cup of water. So be it. I'm done with it.

However, I'm not holding any grudge or giving them the silent treatment since it takes too much energy to keep that up. We still talk. I don't think these folks are necessarily mean or have any ulterior motive; I just think they are constantly inwarding thinking of their needs. I just let folks know that although I'm not married and don't have chick or child like the old folks say, I still have to cook, clean my place, exercise, and do things to maintain me. When folks call and ask what I'm doing next week (as we all know that this is the standard set up line used to get something from you), I just say that I'm busy just as soon as they finish their sentence. Family and real friends are the exception to this new rule. Works for me. :-)

No comments: