Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Discovery's Return To Flight: Successful Landing!!!



Earth: Home Sweet Home...

After spending 14 days in space involving a canceled landing yesterday due to weather concerns in Florida, the Space Shuttle Discovery safely landed at Edwards' Air Force Base in California at 5:11 a.m. PST today. Mission Completed!!!

==============
Song of the Day:

"Benny and the Jets" by Elton John

** Side Note: I never ever knew all the words to this song, beyond the "B..B..B...Benny and the Jets" line, but I always loved the music, especially the piano and keyboard parts. Doesn't
Elton seem a little crazy if anyone remembers him wearing a duck suit while performing in concert?

2 comments:

Don Tate II said...

Hahahaha, I just skipped over here to see if you'd be blogging about the Shuttle. *cheese*

SP said...

I wish I had seen it this morning. I'm glad they made it ok. I hope NASA can fix all the problems. I'd hate to see the whole space program stopped.