Friday, August 26, 2005

Fun and Relaxing Summer Reading



Summer Reading Book Pick: "The Hamptons"
By Linda Dominique Grosvenor

We're coming down to the last days of summer filled with vacations, cookouts, and lots of outdoor fun. But before my summer is done, I plan to do some reading since I received my copy of the "The Hamptons" just the other day. Sometimes there's nothing more relaxing than turning on a little jazz music, stretching out on a comfy couch, and reading a juicy book while sipping a little lemonade or ice tea. I didn't take any vacations to any exotic islands or any other domestic vacation spot this year. So the book will have to take me there.

Have there been times after you've finished reading a book when you wished that you could talk to the author directly? I've had informal book reviews and discussions with friends via the phone. We flipped through pages of books back and forth, while explaining our own perspectives. And sometimes one of us would point out something significant that the other missed. But more than anything we wished that we could get into the author's mind to ask various questions. Well, Linda Dominique Grosvenor, the author of "The Hamptons", plans to hold an online discussion of her book with readers on September 15, 2005. We'll get a chance to ask her about "The Hamptons'" characters, the plot, and possibly ask her whether she's interested in writing sequels to some of her books. For further details, please see Princess Dominique's blog.

========================

Hurricane Katrina



Hurricane Surprise Or Not?

The level of intensity of this storm sort of surprised me. It turned into a Category 2 hurricane. I'm not sure whether I didn't give enough attention to it in the news or whether the news folks didn't publicize it enough. All I know is that earlier this week weather forecasters said there was a tropical storm near Florida's coast that may turn into a weak Category 1 hurricane by Friday. So far the hurricane has killed 7 people, and more than a million are without power. And just think, we have about two more months to go before the end of hurricane season. On the morning news, a woman from South Florida said that many people didn't think the hurricane was going to do much damage, so many people weren't prepared. Let's pray that our Floridian bloggers are safe from harm's way.

=================

Song of the Day:

The Principles of Love by Incognito

4 comments:

Brotha Buck said...

I can't wait until the Princess sells her first movie, that way I can say I know her, from a blogging standpoint. Best!

Luke Cage said...

Aziza, Princess Dominique's The Hamptons is a smooth read. I think that you'll enjoy it immensely. I'm upset that I'll miss the online discussion though as I'll be out of town that day. But at least I'll see her royal highness the weekend prior.

Great job on administering prayers to our Floridian Blogger friends, folks and family members as well. I have my sister and her fam down there as some other friends too. Prayers to them all. Have a great weekend miss.

brooklyn babe said...

Hey there

I'm a big book buff and will anything that has a flow... right now book of choice, is 100 years of solitude... i had it in the arsenal, but never found the time, peace

princessdominique said...

Aziza, I forgot to mention, I'll be giving away some copies of my other books too during the online discussion. Thanks for including me in this post!