Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Thursday Morning's Rampage And Rant Fest...



This Is Not My First Time At The Rodeo!!!...

(Side Note: Excuse this entry if it doesn't make sense, because I just must release this stress...Alrighty?...I'm still a lady though.)
Take a strong look at the picture above. Just imagine a caramel version of that, and know that captures me right about now. That picture is from the movie, "Mommie Dearest", which features Faye Dunaway as Joan Crawford. Yeah, yeah, yeah, Joan was off the hook and just about insane when it came to disciplining her children, but the woman didn't take any mess off no one. Do you hear me? The above picture is from a scene where the Pepsi Cola chairman and board are sitting at one end of a table in a board room, with Joan on the other end. The chairman and the board tried to strongarm Joan into resigning her board member position from the board. She didn't take that slap lying down. She raised up and handled her business. That should be me.



Speaking of Joan's insanity, do you all (those who have seen the movie) remember the part where she has a meltdown and crazefest directed to Christina, her young daughter, over some stupid wire hangers? Faye should have won the Lifetime Academy Award in the Psychotic Broads' Category for her performance in this scene. She ended up screaming at the top of her lungs, making crazed clown faces, pulling all of the clothes out of the closet, whipping her child with the wire hanger, wildly sprinkling Comet bathroom cleaner all over the floor, and crawling away on all fours like a bear at the end. Many folks in real life act like they are too good to do any of that. But after being passed over for promotions for years at a time, seeing gas prices go through the roof, coping with other bills climbing skyward, driving crazy highway commutes to and from work, sitting for long periods of time pumping out work, receiving unreasonable and complicated work assignments after the due date, and hearing a new troubling noise from a 9 year old car, going off, screaming at the top of one's lungs, and crawling away like a bear seems totally appropriate for one not to be ashamed of not one teen weeny little bit. Oops. Was I talking about me? *frown* Well, it is what is. *shrug*

Although the grizzly bear's claw is grappling at my neck at work, I'm still reaching for and looking for a brighter day. Know that this is not my first time at the rodeo and that eventually I'll be alright. Until then, the ranting continues. Yesterday, I interviewed for another assignment in another office at "THE ORGANIZATION." I sure hope and pray that I get it, but I also pray and hope that it will work out beautifully if I do get it if you know what I mean. There's no sense in going from the frying pan to the skillet. Hmph!!!

6 comments:

DramaFree said...

My boss does the same thing to me...so I do feel your pain. She gives me assignments at the last hour, and expects immediate results. She is known all over the campus for procrastinating.

Good luck with the new position :) I hope that you get it.

Aziza said...

Livingsingle: Hey, I just want to win the Powerball Lottery ($290 million) and be done with work.

princessdominique said...

Bosses can be a royal pain...I had one of those (as anal as all get out). I pray you get exactly what you want.

DramaFree said...

A, you and me both!! I'm thinking I should go out and buy my ticket ret nah!

Brotha Buck said...

Aziza! You still mad at me babe? Thats ok, I still'm hoping you get that position anyway. : )

Cheryl said...

Ok, so you know this is one of most favored movies. Where did you get those great pictures!!