Thursday, October 06, 2005

Babyface and Tracey Edmonds End Their Marriage



Another Celebrity Couple Gone The Way Of Splitsville: And Another One Bites The Dust...

As I drove to work this morning, I heard that Babyface and his wife, Tracey, who have two sons, were ending their marriage after 13 years. I wasn't sure to believe this bit of news at first, because I generally don't depend upon or trust the news from music stations, because their primary purpose is to entertain. The Russ Parr
Show on one of the Washington, DC stations did a spoof of a person sounding like Babyface singing a song about him spotting his wife at the taping of his music video. But after hearing at least other three stations discussing this issue, I finally started to believe it. According to the news, the splitting couple provided the following statement:

"It is with deep regret that we announce our permanent separation. We remain best friends. We will continue to work together in our companies, and our various business ventures. More importantly, we are parents of two wonderful children, and will continue to provide a loving, caring and stable environment for them." For more information read on ==> Babyface and Tracey Split

Back in the height of Babyface's career when he produced his own songs such as "Whip Appeal", "Soon As I Get Home", "Tender Lover", "For The Cool In You", and other hits, things seemed to be going so well for him professionally and personally. He met Tracey when she was auditioning to be in one of his videos. And from there, it looked like their lives took off. They looked like such a happy couple. Shortly after marrying, Babyface helped Tracey start Yab Yum Entertainment, which managed Jon B.'s music career and produced the movie and cable tv show, "Soul Food." Babyface and L.A. Reid were highly sought after producers who reliably produced hits in collaboration with TLC, Toni Braxton, and Mariah Carey. And Babyface produced the soundtrack to "Waiting To Exhale", which I still love to listen to this day. Babyface and Tracey had a couple of kids and a beautiful home. The power couple seemed to see no limits. However, Babyface and Tracey are going the route (of divorce) that so many celebrity couples are taking these days. I have to admit that I was a little shocked. I wonder what happened. However, in any case, I wish them well.

8 comments:

SP said...

Dang! I didn't hear this. It is very sad to see a seemly happy couple break up. But I guess we never know what was going on inside the marriage. I wish them both the best too.

Brotha Buck said...

I've been married for almost 13 years, too. I cant imagine what would cause people to split up after such an investment in time. Sad.

DramaFree said...

Wow! This is my first time hearing about their split. I actually thought that they would make it after being together for so long!

princessdominique said...

I guess the good thing is that they've been cordial and that's so important for the kids.

Organized Noise said...

First the Fat Boys break up, now this. To me, Kenny and Tracey were the exception to the rule. I guess nothing is sacred now. Oh well.

SP said...

I know I already commented on this post, but I just wanted to say that I like the new look.

Luke Cage said...

Here's to the best of luck for the 2 of them down the road. I hate hearing about a couple that seemingly has it all go their own separate ways. I think I'll go call the wifey and tell her I miss her.. (smile)

EJ Flavors said...

i really, REALLY, hate hearing about that. best of luck to them.