Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Dreamgirls: Cannes Film Festival...



Sampling of Dreamgirls Movie Shown At Cannes Film Festival...

Beyonce, Jamie Foxx, Jennifer Hudson, and Anika Noni Rose appeared in the south of France to promote their upcoming movie,"Dreamgirls," at the Cannes Film Festival. About 15 minutes worth of the movie was shown as a teaser. Don't you all wish that you all could attend the film festival? Well, I wish that I could. With all of the promotion and hoopla surrounding this movie, it better be good.

I very rarely see movies at the local theater, because it costs too doggone much. Let's do the math. ==> $10.00 for the ticket + $4.00 for a small box of popcorn drenched with that oh so glorious butter + $3.00 for a small soda + $3.00 for a small box of raisinettes = $20.00 for a freaking movie. Scratch that. Let me go through a more realistic example. ==> $7.00 for a matinee movie ticket + $3.00 for the box of popcorn with the oh so glorious butter = $10.00!!! I cut my cost in half by buying a can of soda and the raisinettes before getting to the theater an placing them in my pocket or purse. Or I could go out on a movie date for free. Most of the guys I date insist on picking up the tab, although I offer to pay my own way. I should always be dating when the good movies come out. Hmm. That's a thought. By the way, here's a couple of pictures of the "Dreamgirls" cast at a press conference and a building poster marquee.





==============================

Vanessa Williams And Her Daughters...



Williams Featured As Favorite Mom In Magazine...

Last week, I came across this picture in P.eople Magazine. At least, I think I saw it there with other pictures of celebrity moms with their kids in a Mother's Day edition of the magazine. Boy has the time flown. Vanessa's kids have grown up so fast. Jillian (left) is 18, Melanie (right) is 16, and Sasha (center) is 6. Vanessa also has a son, Devin (not shown), but I guess this was a girls day picture.

As for Vanessa, I wonder how her career is coming along these days. I heard that she was supposed to be starring on the "South Beach" show. I haven't heard much about the show. So, I wondered whether it was canceled. But I just hope that Vanessa can get back up on her feet, because she must have been feeling really low when she appeared on the H.oward S.tern show last year. I know you're wondering how did I come across such a low class and base show like that. Well, I was flipping channels, and came across this one and was shocked to see her on it. The show was so sad, because even Howard took pity on Vanessa who was clearly feeling down, because she was having some marital problems with her second husband, Rick Fox. You could just see the hurt and embarrassment on her face. She couldn't hide it. Hopefully, she'll be able to find love and happiness with another man in the future.

It's just a shame how the entertainment industry acts like when women turn 30, their careers are over. Just notice that folks like J.Lo, Toni Braxton, Janet Jackson, and others aren't getting the shine they used to get. But I think otherwise. I think folks like Vanessa are abundantly talented, and hope that she'll be able to make a come back as she's done before.

==============================

Oprah's Radiates Red At Legends Ball...



"Oprah, You're Simply Marvelous!!!"...

What is a billionaire to do with all of her money? Throw a party of course. I can imagine the man standing beside Oprah saying that "Marvelous" stuff to Oprah. He's not Stedman, but he's some kind of stylist to the stars. I can't remember his name though. Well last night, ABC aired footage of Oprah's Legends Ball from last year that included some of the biggest names in the fields of entertainment, art, and civil rights. Can you imagine hobnobbing with Maya Angelou, Rosa Parks, Cicely Tyson, Mary J. Blige, Mariah Carey, Janet Jackson, Toni Morrison, Dorothy Height, Roberta Flack, Aretha Franklin, Nikki Giovanni, Diana Ross (The Boss), Phylicia Rashad, Debbie Allen, Kimberley Elise, Alfre Woodard, Angela Bassett, and others at a weekend filled with surprises and fun? Then if that wasn't enough there was a Legends Ball that honored African American women for their achievements, which included some more folks such as Senator Barak Obama, Tyler Perry, Barbara Walters, Usher (why?), Quincy Jones, Diane Sawyer, Spike Lee, and John Travolta.

After seeing the show last night, I'm convinced that I'm not supposed to be poor. I'm not supposed to be waking up at the break of dawn with the birds to commute to a job that ignores and doesn't appreciate me. Oops, there I go again talking about me. But seriously, I could really get use to the good life times the power of 10, can you hear me? *blink* *blink*

Now that reality has firmly set back in, I better get back to work until I can find a way to get rich legally or at least moderately comfortable. It's not a crime to dream, because I actually dream of uplifting others as well.

7 comments:

YouToldHarpoTaBeatMe said...

Wooooow! Vanessa put her mark on those girls for real! Kinda curious tho.... the girl's heads are hiding mad cleavage.

Rick wasn't done doing whatever it is he thought he needed to do.... that sound right? And the distance between NY and LA was so not helping them.

princessdominique said...

Great posts because they were like 4 in one. Off to watch the YouTube now!

Cheryl said...

Am I being mean for truly believing Beyonce couldn't act her way out of a paper sack with a pair of scissors?

Aziza said...

@Harpo: I think the photographer got a little crazy with the photoshopping on Vanessa's cleavage.

@Myrah: I think Vanessa's daughters look a lot like their fathers too.

@PrincessDominique: I fell in love with YouTube.com awhile ago. They have so much footage.

@*RPM*: *lol* Beyonce can sing, but I'm very skeptical about her speaking voice with regard to her acting skills.

Luke Cage said...

Hey miss Aziza, you're not kidding about the abundance of videos available from YouTube.com... they are loaded with visual stuff aren't they? Good job as usual with the wealth of info. Wow, Beyonce lost alot of weight! Where have all of the thick honey's gone to???

Aziza said...

@Luke Cage: I was so glad to see you posting on RPM's blog. And I'm glad to see you reviving your blog. Welcome back!

Lyrically speaking said...

Vanessa looks great, it must be the water and definitely not the men she had in her life keeping her looking good...lol, her daughters are gorgeous. Strange how they all have their own looks.