Wednesday, December 20, 2006

What Christmas Shopping???...



Ch...Ch..Ch..Ch.ia... *lololol*...

To all the folks who are finished Christmas shopping, I bid a big fat so what. *lol* Yeah, I'm jealous. And as president of the Procrastinators Association, I pledge to complete my shopping by Friday and next year to do a better job. I hope. Yeah right. But seriously, where did the time go? Wasn't it just summer a little while ago? Nevertheless, my back is up against the wall trying finish everything (shopping, projects at work, applying for more new jobs, washing clothes, etc.) by Friday. Shux, I just mailed out my Christmas cards yesterday. I just hope my friends out in Hawaii receive theirs by Christmas or within the week of Christmas. Back to the Christmas gifts, fortunately for me, the people receiving my gifts never require anything expensive. Our approach is that we don't want anyone going into deep debt behind holiday shopping. It just takes time to select the books or music that I think they'll like. I just like to give people gifts to show my appreciation. So, I guess giving Ch.ia pets to everyone is out of the question, huh? *lol* Well, in the wee hours of the morning the commercial made them seem so ...so...so half way decent. Who wouldn't want to receive a Shaggy Ch.ia pet? *weak smile*

==========

As for my computer usage at work, my job hasn't totally put a stop to us employees surfing the net. They put out a memo explaining some things. Plus, I've noticed that they reboot our machines a lot lately (every night) letting me know that they are up to something like loading some tracking software. Just last week, I got a warning page on the net after trying to access Sea.world's Sha.mu page. I wanted to see which one body slammed it's keeper underwater. I was innocent, but not Sha.mu.

However, I can somewhat understand my job's IT folks' actions, because of my co-workers have gotten so ridiculous and abusive with their web activities that they've made it bad for those of us who are doing harmless surfing. I'm surprised at how many people don't know what's inappropriate. Folks were trying to run their side businesses at their jobs and downloading some really risque pictures on the job site. Triple tisk on them. I still frequent news websites like CNN, Yah.oo News, the Wa.shington Post, and a few other safe blogs, but my days of visiting Cr.unk and D.isorderly at work are over. I just make sure I visit those kinds of sites when I get home. *hee hee*

Well, I've got to get ready for work (the con.centration camp).

No comments: