Wednesday, May 30, 2007

A Holiday Weekend Spent Couch Side...




Why Can't Tv Be Original???...

I hope everyone had an enjoyable holiday in which to honor the people serving in the military and those who lost their lives in battle. I won't get into the political issues related to the holiday, but as a person who has several family members who have served in the military, I will say that I support the troops. No comment on the war.

As for my weekend, I delighted myself in the art of "CouchPotatoIsm." I didn't quite park myself on the couch the whole time. I just thoroughly enjoyed just about any and every tv marathon on any channel. I don't know why folks stress themselves out over the holidays to travel to various places when they can stay at home and relax. One thing is for sure, the airlines and gas stations didn't get my money over the weekend, because I kept my shuttle (that's what I lovingly call my silver car) parked.

In between, watching the Run's House marathon (I love them), The Price Is Right (I Love Bob Barker), The Young and the Restless (Has Nick Actually Left The Show?), I came upon the Food Network. Bobby Flay was at it again with his competitive self. Remember him? He's the one who claimed to win the authentic Iron Chef show up against the Asian chefs who had been studying their culinary crafts for decades. So you know I ain't hardly believing he beat them. I think he cut a check to them, and they cut him the title. I come to believe that more and more when I see him on his little shows.

By the way, what ever happened to the original "Iron Chef Show?" After Bobby, the original show went by the wayside and was replaced with "Iron Chef America," which is a sad and pathetic version of the original. The old show had art. They'd take a live octopus and make it look like a beautiful dish by the end of the show. I wouldn't eat it, but the dish was looking quite pretty. Pretty counts. The new show also lacks class and style. Speaking of style, you can't tell me that Michael Jackson's hair and clothes stylists weren't taking notes from the Iron Chefs. The Iron Chefs can design for me anytime. *lol* I'm just saying.



We're Going To Need You To Sit Down For A Minute...

Bobby Flay, Bobby Flay, where should I start? Don't get me wrong. I'm not trying to take his chef's title from him, because there probably is a market for his kind of food. But he isn't the "Iron Chef" of the world. And from time to time, I do enjoy watching some of his shows. What can I say? I just love watching the Food Network plain and simple. I find it along with the Home and Garden channel (HGTV) to be very comforting. But I had to sit up off of my comfy couch to say hold up and wait a minute to Bobby Flay initiating a challenge to a couple of Hot Dog Joint Experts in California and New York. One of the challengers was a hot dog joint in California called Pink's. They had been in operation since 1939. So once again, how in the world did Bobby think that he could make a better dog? Homeboy came out with a dog dressed with some avocado mixture.
*side eye glance*

What ever happened to originality? Why does his show come up with the most ridiculous ideas? Once, I believe he was trying to perfect the art of frying chicken. *another side eye glance* How is he going to come out on top against some old grandmas who have been frying yardbirds for 50 years? It ain't happening cap'n. If I see Bobby Flay and the Food Network come out with some more craziness, I'm going to have to cite them with a ticket and not watch them for a minute.

I'm running late for work. I've got to run. Have a great day!!!...

2 comments:

Minerva Exertion said...

I can't stand the American version of the Iron Chef. I saw that HAM of an episode featuring Pink's. I like that crazy show called Dinner: Impossible.

Luke Cage said...

I have nothing to add to this post miss Aziza, other than to stop by and wish ya well. Hope you had a great holiday weekend. Here's to ya!