Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Thinking of the Redskins Family...



Sean Taylor 1983-2007

I hope that everyone had a great Thanksgiving filled with great food and great company with family and friends. For the most part, my holiday was pretty good. I left town a little later than I had wished Thanksgiving afternoon and drove up on a multiple-car accident minutes after it happened. I wasn't involved in it. As I drove by I couldn't help but feel for the those involved. Other than that, my Thanksgiving holiday weekend was uneventful. Even the drive along I-95 was smooth. I was just thankful to be thankful.

For a moment there, I thought things would stay like that. Uneventful. Then the Washington, DC metro area received the news that Sean Taylor (#21) had been shot in Florida. Few details have been released to the media. All we know is that there was an apparent home invasion at Taylor's home and that the intruder shot him. And since very little information was released, I thought that he would somehow be okay. Then early this morning, Channel 9 News reported Taylor's death. Crime is so out of control.

I'm really not a football fan or a sports fan period. However, all the men I know are huge football fans. In fact, growing up all I really heard about were the Redskins back before North Carolina had a team. Fastforward the years, now I live in the area and my brother practically lives in the backyard of FEDEX field. My brother and Dad have been to the Redskins games. And I can remember the Redskins winning the superbowl shortly after I moved to the DC area. So, although I don't know much about sports, I do know that the Redskins family extends far around the DC metro region. We love them. And right now it's hurting really badly that Taylor was gunned down in the prime of his life. The young man was only 24 years old. When I first heard the news, I didn't really think about whether Taylor would play NFL football again. I was just wondering what his family was going through and how they were holding up. That's why I just can't understand this whole crime foolishness. There's nothing but a sense of helplessness. What are we to do? Well, I'm just about speechless. I want to extend my sincere condolences to the Taylor family and the Redskins organization at this time in the loss of Sean Taylor.

I've got to get ready for work now. Take care and have a blessed day.

5 comments:

YouToldHarpoTaBeatMe said...

Wow! I didn't know that he passed away until I read your blog. This is awful! My heart goes out to his family. 24 and his life was just beginning.

His death was senseless, no matter how you look at it, but it makes you wonder if it was random or personal.

Anonymous said...

Heard about his passing this morning. Very sad news.

Anonymous said...

First time coming thru...Nice blog you got here...commentary is on point!Definitely wont be my last visit!

www.Yazmar.com

SP said...

This is such a sad thing... I'm just thankful that his girlfriend and their baby girl were not hurt as well.

Unknown said...

RIP Sean Taylor, a young black man.

thenewplug.blogspot.com ....