Friday, September 02, 2005

Four Days After Hurricane Katrina: When Will Help Arrive?



And The Suffering Continues....

Perhaps, have we put so much energy, time, money, and other resources into other situations around the world (i.e. Continuous allotments of $87 Billion are sent to Iraq) that we don't have anything to provide to our own Hurricane vicitms and survivors? Where is the help? Private organizations have been rallying together, but where is the federal help? Simply stated, THIS IS A SHAME AND A DISGRACE!!!

4 comments:

Luke Cage said...

Aziza, your anger is echoed by so many of us around the country luv. There is so much to say, so much to do, but now is the time to act. They NEED to do something for these folks. Nothing else they do, will ever be more important.

Aziza said...

@Luke: I've tried not to watch the news too much, but I just can't help it. And it hurts so much to see folks suffering with no help in sight. My heads hurt now. I just don't know what to do.

SP said...

It is really sad what is going on over there. I can't watch the news either. It just hurts my heart. My sister in Seattle said she would be willing to take someone in, but how do you do that? How do you know it's not just someone taking advantage of the situation? People were already taking "donations" on street corners. The Red Cross had to issue a statement saying they have not and will not ever do that. The world is a crazy place!

Aziza said...

@SP: If people wish to donate money to relief organizations, they need to go through the official organizations using the official websites and phone numbers. That's what I did. The official relief organizations are audited to determine how much money actually goes towards a cause and how much money goes towards administration costs. But I still want to do more. I guess I'll have to research the issue some more.