Sunday, January 01, 2006

Happy New Year 2006!!!...



Wishing You Peace, Happiness, & Prosperity In 2006!!!

Every year, I usually talk to family and friends to discuss New Year's resolutions. Some told me that they don't make resolutions, because things won't change and it's just a waste of time, while others develop a lengthy resolution list. I'm one of those who develops a list. What can I say? I'm an optimist. I always love beginnings, because they represent opportunities to develop and grow. It represents a time for self-reflection and a time to dream of life's possibilities. Maybe this year, I might get the promotion I deserved years ago. Or maybe grad school will pull me away in an altogether new direction. The Lord may have Mr. Right to stroll my way. I may get a chance to do some traveling and finally visit the museums like I said that I would do last year (but didn't).

As for New Year's Resolutions, here are mine. :

1. I want/need to get closer to God.

2. I want to spend more time with my friends and family. Last year, I'm ashamed to say that I worked most of the year and only visited my family around Thanksgiving and Christmas. And I only got to call some friends who live far away may be once or twice last year. I put all of my eggs in the work basket, and an elephant hoof came down on that basket and smashed it to smitherines as I still didn't get promoted. I learned that you can work yourself into the ground, and folks at work still won't appreciate it. Instead, it would be wiser to put more time and energy into friends and family. A lesson well learned.

3. I don't want to be afraid to dream. I'm famous (among friends and family) for coming up with fantastic dreams and goals. I tell ya that I dream in technicolor. But somewhere down the line the doubt seeps in constantly nagging me about how am I supposed to fit part-time grad school studies into a full-time work schedule. Instead I should just do it. I've got to follow through. I need to walk by faith.

4. I want to work on eating right and exercising. A few years ago, I was serious about it. I used to plan what I ate and put off phone calls and anything else until I finished my time on my bike. But lately, I come home late from work and can barely figure out what to cook. And the only exercise I get is walking up 5 flights of steps at work. I'm not sure that's a real workout. If I could only get home from work earlier, I could get back on track.

5. I want to continue to discover ways to save and invest money to ensure a bright future.

6. I want to cook more this year. Last year was a wash with the fast food and microwavable garbage. Currently, I have a taste for a dish of sweet corn, tomatoes, green peppers, and minced onions (not alot of onions) or perhaps a bowl of warm rice pudding sprinkled with nutmeg and cinnamon. That's the kind of food that you can't find in the frozen section of the grocery store.

7. I suppose that I should get out more this year. My schedule usually involves traveling from work to home or home to work. So, I guess I better start taking folks up on their invitations for dates, dinner parties, etc.

8. I should try to have fun more. I guess watching old reruns of "The Golden Girls" or "Living Single" can't be considered as fun and exciting. Oh well.

As the Queen of Procrastination, I truly hope to accomplish all of my goals.

---------------------------------------------

Speaking of the New Year, I found the following interesting 2006 calendars and placed them in a collage format. Enjoy! ==>


7 comments:

ShellyP said...

Definitely reasonable resolutions.

DramaFree said...

Great resolutions! I'm sure you'll fulfill every one of them! Happy 2006!

princessdominique said...

Great resolutions!

ShellyP said...

Tiff has left blogland indefinitely - maybe forever. She gave a brief warning that her blog would self-destruct and then she took it down. Hopefully she'll check on us every once in a while.

EJ Flavors said...

yeah, i'm slightly late but playing catch up. here's a great new year to you, Aziza!

The Foxybrown Show said...

Happy New Year and I hope this year is even more Foxy than the last!

SP said...

Happy New Year!! Those are great resolutions. I don't do resolutions, but most of yours would be on my list if I did. I hope you get them all done or at least started in 06.