Monday, April 28, 2008

Birthday Candles And Birthday Wishes...



Look Who's Back!!!! *lol* Have A Slice Of Cake!!!

Hello good people. It's been a while since I've blogged regularly. Thank you for bearing with me. I don't do like other folks and announce that I'm leaving my blog for a little while. I just show up when I have the time to do it. I've been extremely busy at my job. It's that simple.

Let's play catch up. A couple of weekends ago, your girl celebrated another birthday. I'm in the deepend of my 30's now. *eek* I demand a complete up and down investigation as to where all the years have gone. I want to know. *tapping foot* Okay, I'm okay now. *lol* Well, anyhoo I usually don't have a lot of fanfare going on with my birthday. And since my family and friends live quite a ways from me, I usually celebrate alone with plenty phone calls all day long on into the next few days as I open their gifts to me. I was happy with that.

Every since my little speeding incident with the Five-O, I've become a little more aware of their presence. I just don't know why they started trying to pull me over. A cop I never noticed before lives in my condo neighborhood. Am I a po po magnet? Perhaps not. Someone told me that I live and work in an area concentrated with lots of law enforcement agencies. That makes sense. I drive through 3 counties and on 2 major highways from central Maryland to Baltimore and back everyday. That means that I see county cops, county sheriffs, city cops, park police, state troopers, and other federal law enforcement on the regular. Shux, I think I can spot just about any po po vehicle in enough time to slow the car down before reaching them.

But something happened to me on my birthday which I couldn't spot. Like I said, I had been receiving my birthday wellwishes from family and friends most of the day. What people should know is that I don't officially celebrate my birthday until night time when I was born. I try to hang onto any shred of youth earlier in the day. I hold onto it like me holding onto the back of a car bumper with the car rolling down the road at 80 mph. Shux.

Well anyway, why when I was talking on the phone did I have to click over for another call? I naturally thought it was another family member or friend reminding me how I was about to lose my spring chicken status. Not. At night, the County Police called me from the outside front door intercom to tell me that they needed me to open the condo's front door so they could access someone from another unit. I didn't believe it. In fact, I told them that they had the wrong number and that I was on a long distance phone call. I really didn't feel like going downstairs to open the door after I had just taken a nice, relaxing shower. It would have taken a stick of dynamite to blast me out of my place as comfortable as I was. I wonder how they came to call me. From the outside of the building, my last name is smack dab in the middle of the directory. The old lady who lives in the front of the building would have been more than happy to open the door and help them investigate any happenings. Old folks be on those stings. *lol* And my unit number is on another floor from the one they claim they needed to get to. So why are they calling me? Well, after my good senses kicked in I told the police I'd see what I could do. Afterall, one of those old ladies from downstairs could have been choking on a piece of fatback. I called 911 to verify the police's presence. Yup, it was legit, but they were at the wrong condo building. I never went to the front door. Shux, I had gifts to open.

Was this really a coincidence? Maybe so. I don't think it was Officer Freckles. My friends thought he was at the door and they said that I should have come down the stairs slowly wearing feathered highheels and a silk robe. *lol* I keep crazy friendss. *lol* How was I going to do that? I'd probably slip and fall down the stairs since I'm not use to wearing highheels anymore. How stupid will I have looked? The po po would have had to break the door down to let the paramedics in to tend to me. Not. I think the whole situation with the po po calling me on my birthday was all a coincidence. I think that my wild self is attracting the po po, because I still love to speed in my space shuttle of a car.

Well, I have to get going to work. Take care and have a great day. : )

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Aziza! Welcome back from your blogging hiatus and stay away from the po-po!

Aly Cat 121 said...

Happy Birthday! I'm mad you celebrate by yourself. Dayum at least shake ya butt at the club. LOL.