Thursday, June 23, 2005

Destiny's Child: Future Plans?



Well, well, well...We saw this coming years ago. Recently, Destiny's Child officially announced that the group would disband after their "The Destiny Fulfilled...And Lovin'It" McDonald's sponsored tour is completed. Their split does not come as a surprise to anyone. And I don't exactly think anyone including their fans are losing any sleep over their split either. I just sincerely hope that Michelle and Kelly have been investing their money wisely and have future projects lined up. I guess the group accomplished every goal that they set out to conquer. They became a multiplatinum group in the midst of drama. And they picked up Grammy awards here and there along the way. They weren't exactly the DreamGirls in terms of vocal power, but I guess they fit the bill for what the music industry was looking for at the time. Plus, I have to give them some credit for their effort.

All in all, they gave it the good ole college try. And all good things must come to an end. This is for the best. Have I used enough cliches yet? But the short of it all is that the Independent Women: Destiny's Child are closing this chapter of their lives. And I wish them well, since I have to admit that I enjoyed singing some of their catchy tunes as I drove to and from my concentration camp (my job) everyday.

Now that Destiny's Child's jersey is about to be retired, what's next? I heard that Kelly has been in the recording studio and is looking for more material. And she has called off her wedding to NFL football player Roy Williams. In the past Michelle recorded two gospel CDs, but I wonder whether she will be received with open arms by the gospel community after she appeared in Destiny's Childs' last video wearing nothing but strategically placed sparkles in some shots. Nevertheless, hopefully she'll be able to carve out some kind of career for herself. And I wonder whether marriage is on the horizon for Beyonce' and Jay-Z. They are a cute couple. If and when the time comes, I just hope momma Tina will allow Vera Wang or another designer to make Beyonce's dress. ;-)




==============
Songs of the Day:

Independent Women and Survivor by
Destiny's Child

3 comments:

Aziza said...

Proactiff, thanks for the welcome to the blogging world. I've been reading blogs since March of this year, but I was afraid to blog. I didn't want folks I know (ex-boyfriends and others) to read it, because eventually I'm going to talk about them without typing their names. I can just see one of them calling me and saying that I'm not right for calling them out or even mentioning them. Oh well.

But also I have to say that you have an interesting blog. I'm going to blogroll your blog now.

ShellyP said...

Hey, thanks for stopping by! I'll have to check your blog when I get a breather from work.

SP said...

HI,
Thanks for checking out my blog. I too have been reading other blogs a lot longer than I have been doing my own. I try not to put too much info on there where people will know who I am. There is something about the anonymity of it that I just love.

S