Thursday, July 07, 2005

Breaking News: London Rocked By Blasts



According to various news reports, a day after being selected as the 2012 location for the Olympics, London was struck with explosions on its subway system (known as the Tube) and a bus. At this point, two have been reported killed and 95 injured. Reports state that Europe is under a state of alert. And the European financial markets have taken a hit as well. I sincerely hope that the family and friends of ours living over there are safe. For more information, please see the following: ==> CNN

4 comments:

Luke Cage said...

I get the Breaking News e-mails and my inbox was loaded with this unfortunate event this morning. It brings shades of 9/11 to the forefront all over again. The London subway system is nearly as vast as the one in New York City and Tokyo.

Having relocated here to Va from NY, my mind can only begin to drift towards this cities Metro system that rides into DC from VA and Md. How scary a thought is that?

Aziza said...

Luke Cage, I know what you mean. I was in the DC area during the 9/11. It was just pure chaos.

This incident makes me feel a little scared to take the Metro from Greenbelt to DC now. I use to ride it everyday when I worked in DC.

Luke Cage said...

Whoa! I was in Alexandria during 9/11 dear. I didn't realize that you're from this area also. Yeah, so you know all too well about how disastrous this situation can be to locales that have these underground rail systems. The district does what it can, but as you've seen in the past with drills being conducted in DC, it can indeed be quite harrowing and frightening. Please be careful! I don't even have to tell you to be aware of your surroundings!

SP said...

I was just up in Northern VA. Every time I go up there, the metro is how I get around DC. It's such a scary thing. My company has offices in England and we have a lot of transplants over there. Even on vacation, I had to call and make sure everyone was ok.