Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Return To Flight: STS-114 Space Shuttle Discovery



Countdown To Launch: All Eyes On NASA

Yesterday, NASA officials released a statement saying that their engineers continue to be perplexed by one of the fuel gauge sensor's malfunction that occurred almost two weeks ago, causing NASA to scrub that launch attempt. But if this particular malfunction presents itself again, NASA said that they will bend the safety requirements to launch anyway provided that no other serious technical or weather concerns arrise. Thus, the Space Shuttle Discovery is set to launch today, July 26, 2005, from the Kennedy Space Center in Cape Canaveral, FL at 10:39 a.m. EST. If you wish to watch the launch, NASA TV is available via Yahoo in the following link==>NASA TV

The wagon (shuttle) is gased up, preliminary launch tests have been passed, the astronauts say that they are ready to go, and the countdown clock is fastly approaching launch. We wish them well, Godspeed, and God bless.



============
Song of the Day:

"Ascension (Don't Ever Wonder)" from Maxwell's Urban Hang Suite CD

8 comments:

princessdominique said...

I'm the #1 Maxwell fiend! We should start a club! I added you to the blogroll AND I'm coming to Maryland...date tbd.

The Humanity Critic said...

You couldn't pay me to go up in one of those things. Cool post.

Don Tate II said...

Watched the launch this morning. Beautiful, at least for them. You could't pay me enough. And Maxwell, what ever happened to him?

MsBassClef said...

i'm watching the flight plan update now. Thanks for the link. You wouldn't find me up there unless it's the rapture.

Aziza said...

@Princess: Thanks for adding me to your blogroll. I'm going to buy your book soon. And are you in the process of writing another book? I have to build up a collection of your books.

@Don: I wonder where Maxwell went too. Recently, I remember someone saying that he was working on an album, but he hadn't delivered it yet.

@Humanity Critic, Keke, Nikki, and Dee: I was in high school too when Challenger blew up. I can remember my Chemistry teacher trying to console my class, because we were in shock. I'm afraid of stuff like this (aviation, space travel, etc.), yet, I'm also attracted to it.

Luke Cage said...

I never forgot the date of the Challenger exploding. It occurred on January 28, 1986. It was my then, best friends birthday and it was just heartbreaking. For real, Godspeed to them all... I'm still waiting on that Jetson's Dome on the moon moment...

SP said...

I really wanted to go watch the shuttle launch. I'm only a few hours south of Cape Canaveral, but I had to work. Now everyone is saying that may be the last launch. I don't drive a 20 year old car, so I don't think I would trust a 20 year old shuttle either! I am glad they made it up ok.

Aziza said...

@Frank: Today, NASA said that it's going to hault future shuttle missions until they figure out what's going on with the foam breaking off at lift off. I can only imagine what the astronauts on Discovery are thinking now.

@SP: My sister was telling me the same thing. She was saying that the shuttle has old technology/parts and should be put on MTV as part of their "Pimp My Shuttle" show.