Thursday, March 20, 2008

What Ever Happened To R&B???...



It's Somewhere Beneath The Surface...It's Around...

It amazes me how other artists with very little vocal ability, limited lyric writing skills, and propped up personas on the backdrop of a lot of production make it to the top. Let the record slip or the soundtrack give up and walk away. Then those artists are left standing on the stage with a blank expression on their faces as they barely attempt to hum a tune in a bucket. Were they pretending to be vocal artists? Was it the money that led their careers? Can they really understand what it is to feel music? *Shaking Head*

It's a good thing that's not Jaheim's problem. Jaheim reminds me of the old school artists. I just get lost in his voice. He could sing the alphabet to me for all I care. You know, his voice is not contrived or forced. It's so natural as if he's holding a casual conversation. He may fly under other folks' radar screens, but not mine. I'm onto his vocal stylings. Yeah, he's got to do the industry thing and make those videos, but I think I was more drawn into his music with his performance on Tom Joyner's in studio recording jam segments. See it for yourself right here ==> Anything, Never, And Fabulous.

Well, I've got to get rolling for work. Take care and have a great day. : )

4 comments:

princessdominique said...

I know what you mean. There is very little "new" music I listen to nowadays. I have some oldies in my cd player. Nothing really impresses me much anymore and if it does it's one song, not worth buying an entire album for.

princessdominique said...

Oops, meant to add, I'm going to cop that.

TJ said...

I'm glad you found it because from time to time I wonder where it's gone too. LOL

rashad said...

Jaheim has recorded one song, and it was 2 hours long. Every year, he takes 4 minutes of that song, gives it a new title, and releases it. Combine that with the fact that he can sing, and the wool is pulled COMPLETELY over our eyes.